Sunday 5 June 2011

Changing EGR and window motors in a 1994 t-bird 4.6L?

I was wondering how easy or difficult it is to replace these items. My car keeps getting a P1407 code which I believe is no signal from EGR. We replaced the sensor but that didn%26#039;t help.|||The p1407 is not from the EGR but the ports in the intake that allow the flow of EGR gasses from the valve to the intake is blocked up.. FOrd has a TSB to remedy the situation... It%26#039;s not a begineer DIYer job ( A regular shade tree will have fun as the throttle body and it%26#039;s tube that leads to the lower intake has to be removed to get at the ports that are blocked.)





Windows motor, without looking at the car I can%26#039;t remember as I haven%26#039;t done one in about 5 years and I forgot how it looks.|||According to the %26quot;book%26quot; it will take about a half an hour for the egr valve and 1.3 hours for the window motor. As a rule of thumb i generally double it for myself. But neither are that difficult. good luck|||Usually the egr valve is not the fault. Its either the dpfe sensor, or the egr ports are blocked up with carbon.


Changing the window motor, hardest thing is to remove the door panel. You may have to drill holes to get to the window motor screws once the door panel is off