Sunday 5 June 2011

Changing electric car window to manual?

we have an 91 dodge that we are giving our son. But the the electric windows do not work. After checking into it, there is a lot more than just the motor that%26#039;s wrong its the wiring to the motor. the mechanic said it would be cheaper to change to manual. And of course, my husband and son wants to do this them selves. While my husband is out of town I thought I would ask exactly how difficult is it, to do this?|||I would be easier to find the same model and swap out the complete door. Even if the color doesn%26#039;t make, the two doors will match each other inside and out.


The hard part with that is hanging the doors and that%26#039;s a two man job, and a lot of cussing.|||Find a 91 Dodge (same model) in a local salvage yard and get the manual regulators and simply swap them out.