Sunday 5 June 2011

How hard is it to change a ford focus electric window motor 2000 model thanks?

very hard if you dont know what u are doing,,,


if u are determined to do it yourself then u need to strip out the interior panelling as prev reply,,,


but when u order a new motor be aware that they are Handed the drivers side,front/rear are totally different to the passenger side front and rear,make sure u order the right one or get it done at a garage(then of course it comes with a warranty)|||get the ford guys do IT FOR U thats why u get warenty|||I can%26#039;t remember exactly, I had to change my damaged door with a second hand one and transfer all the gubbings in the door over.





I did it myself, it took my about two hours to do the whole job.





Some advice I will give you is, keep all the screws you remove in a container. When your remove the interior door panel, carefully cut the foam panel away, it rips very easily. Try not to disturb the door locking mechanism. Be careful with the plastic clips that hold the glass in place, they break easily, as I found out.





If your confident with a set of screwdrivers and a spanner it will be an easy job!





Good Luck