Sunday 5 June 2011

How can i take the door panel off my 2004 audi a4 to change the window motor?

I would not avoid messing with it and take it to the Audi garage. My dad had a Rover before and the window motor sort of stopped working. I think on some cars the are screws on the trim (The part on the inside where the door handle, window switch, etc is), undo them and you are presented inside the door, then change the motor. The cover should come off. Don%26#039;t come telling me or sewing me if this all goes wrong as this is a %26#039;Do at your own risk type thing%26#039;. But my dad did this, went and got new parts, attached them, and there you go, it worked. REMEMBER, I AM NOT TO BLAME FOR YOUR MISTAKES!!! Get it assesed and done at an Audi Garage. By all means try this at your own risk but all I am saying is, if it doesn%26#039;t work, don%26#039;t blame me.





http://www.weblogsinc.com/common/images/鈥?/a>





^^^Door trim ^^^ (Credits to holder of image)|||The trick to removing most car door panels is to make sure you%26#039;ve found all the little screws holding it on. Usually there are screws at the inside door pull, the release latch, the window/ mirror control panel (although sometimes this just pulls out, but you might have to push it a certain way to unclip it). Often there will be little blanking covers to hide the screws, you need to prise them out with a small screwdriver or similar.


Once you%26#039;ve got everything undone, the panel should pull off, but do it gently as the clips which hold the panel onto the door can break, although they%26#039;e not dear to replace.


If you%26#039;re not sure, take it to a garage, as it%26#039;s too easy to damage the door panel if you get it wrong, and I suspect a replacement will be a bit on the dear side!


You might have some luck if you go digging about some VW/Audi chat forums, I got a bit of a heads-up on doing the same job on my car from an owners club forum recently.|||You need a door panel puller. It sounds to obvious, but thats what they call it. You may need to check if Audi uses a special type.|||If it%26#039;s not attached by screws then it should just pop off. Don%26#039;t rush it.|||I need to do this to my A3 - can I pinch your answers?!?!|||it should just pull off.... l