Friday 16 September 2011

Have you ever seen any idiot sightings?

IDIOT SIGHTING:



We had to have the garage door repaired. The Sears repairman told us that one of our problems was that we did not have a 'large' enough motor on the opener. I thought for a minute, and said that we had the largest one Sears made at that time, a 1/2 horsepower. He shook his head and said, %26quot;Lady, you need a 1/4 horsepower.%26quot;

I responded that 1/2 was larger than 1/4. He said, %26quot;NO, it's not... Four is larger than two...%26quot; We haven't used Sears repair since.



IDIOT SIGHTING:



My daughter and I went through the McDonald's take-out window and I gave the clerk a $5 bill. Our total was $4.25, so I also handed her a quarter. She said, %26quot;You gave me too much money.%26quot; I said, %26quot;Yes I know, but this way you can just give me a dollar bill back.%26quot; She sighed and went to get the manager who asked me to repeat my request. I did so, and he handed me back the quarter, and said %26quot;We're sorry but we cannot do that kind of thing.%26quot; The clerk then proceeded to give me back $1 and 75 cents in change... Do not confuse the clerks at McDonald's.



IDIOT SIGHTING:



I live in a semi rural area. We recently had a new neighbor call the local township administrative office to request the removal of the DEER CROSSING sign on our road... The reason: %26quot;Too many deer are being hit by cars out here! I don't think this is a good place for them to be crossing anymore.%26quot;



IDIOT SIGHTING:



I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an airport employee asked, %26quot;Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge?%26quot; To which I replied, %26quot;If it was without my knowledge, how would I know?%26quot; He smiled knowingly and nodded, %26quot;That's why we ask.%26quot;



IDIOT SIGHTING:



The stoplight on the corner buzzes when it's safe to cross the street. I was crossing with an intellectually challenged coworker of mine. She asked if I knew what the buzzer was for. I explained that it signals blind people when the light is red. Appalled, she responded, %26quot;What on earth are blind people doing driving?!%26quot;

(She was a probation officer in Wichita , KS )



IDIOT SIGHTING:



I work with an individual who plugged her power strip back into itself and for the sake of her life, couldn't understand why her system would not turn on... A deputy with the Dallas County Sheriff's office, no less!!



IDIOT SIGHTING:



When my husband and I arrived at an automobile dealership to pick up our car, we were told the keys had been locked in it. We went to the service department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the driver side door... As I watched from the passenger side, I instinctively tried the door handle and discovered that it was unlocked. %26quot;Hey,%26quot; I announced to the technician, %26quot;It's open!%26quot; His reply, %26quot;I know. I already got that side. This was at the Ford dealership in Canton , MS



IDIOT SIGHTINGS:



When I left Hawaii and was transferred to Florida , I still had the Hawaiian plates on my car, as my car was shipped from Hawaii . I was parking somewhere (I can't remember) and a guy asked me %26quot;Wow, you drove from Hawaii to here?%26quot; I looked at him and quickly said %26quot;Yep. I took the Hawaii/San Francisco Bridge%26quot;. He nodded his head and said, %26quot;Cool%26quot;!
Have you ever seen any idiot sightings?
These were very funny and oddly enough some actually occurred probably. I like the deer one. There are some city people who have come here to the country and actually talked that way.



The other night I lost my power here for 13 hrs. We had a very bad and quick storm that caused a lot of havoc. I had told someone that my phone, which is supposed to be a land line and able to be used if the power went out, didn't really work unless I put a battery in it. During the storm I called her and asked if she had power because I didn't. She said she was fine and too bad I couldn't use my to call the electric company, but if I wanted to drive up to her house I could use her phone. . She said this while I was talking to her on the phone. Sometimes our brains have a momentary freeze.



I once had a couple in their early 20's who I as standing next to in the dairy dept of the grocery store hold up a quart of milk and ask me if this was a gallon or a half gallon.( it said on the milk carton it was a quart). They were wearing tee- shirts from a college in Boston..
Have you ever seen any idiot sightings?
yup, every time i see BO or his little puppet gibbs.

pretty sure this is a repeat question tho, as well as these are all over the web...
LOLROFLMAO that is such an epic fail i luv it XD
my friend was talkin on her cell phone and she tore up the house looking for her cell and i finally stopped her and asked what in the world she was lookin for and she looks at me all frantic and stuff and is like %26quot;i can Not find my cellphone!%26quot; she was talkin on it. i love her dearly though.
This is my favorite...

When my husband and I arrived at an automobile dealership to pick up our car, we were told the keys had been locked in it. We went to the service department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the driver side door... As I watched from the passenger side, I instinctively tried the door handle and discovered that it was unlocked. %26quot;Hey,%26quot; I announced to the technician, %26quot;It's open!%26quot; His reply, %26quot;I know. I already got that side. This was at the Ford dealership in Canton , MS

hehehehe



Hope you had a great week,Ma'am:-)
When my sister delivered a baby boy and a baby girl on the same day at the hospital, a well-meaning visitor asked, %26quot;Are they identical twins?%26quot; - - I kid you not!



I did not want to continue a magazine subscription after the free issue, so I canceled; but the company kept pestering me for payment. So finally one day I called them up and said I wanted to take advantage of their money back guarantee. %26quot;Now pretend that I paid you, and pretend you sent the money back to me, and now we are even.%26quot; Case closed.



Our school district sends out a report card on itself. While reporting that only 40% of the students were doing math at the national standard, 80% of the parents were happy with the math education their children were receiving. {I never did get an answer back to my letter pointing out that there must be some flaw somewhere.}