Friday 16 September 2011

How do I get my computer to boot up?

when i turn on my computer it comes to a screen that offers me boot options: normal, last config that worked; safe; safe with network; etc

i have tried all of these and the result is the same. the screan goes to the windows xp picture and then nothing beyond that. the disk drive keeps motoring along at high speed, but the display never changes except for the little green slider that moves slowly accross the bottom of the picture (the one thats supposed to tell you windows is loading) i have norton antivirus and internet security and are up to date. any suggestions would be great.
How do I get my computer to boot up?
You might try uninstalling XP then reinstall. You might also try defraging and also if you have a ton of programs etc.installed, they could be dragging your computer down. I ended up purchasing an extra memory card for my computer. They are easy to install. The more stuff you have installed on your computer, the more time it takes for it to search what you are looking for. I am not a computer guru, but did run into a similar problem. Hope it helps.
How do I get my computer to boot up?
run the restore disk that came with ur PC if you dont have it then call them and they will send you one
  • cat
  • structuretoptr
  •