Friday 16 September 2011

What can i add to this short story?

I need some ideas of what to add next to this short story. Here is what i have so far:



I knew this holiday would be a bad idea. Who on earth wants to sit in motor home, for two weeks watching the same old raindrops trickle down the window, that I can see at home? Mum kept rattling on about how it would bring our family closer together but I knew that her and dad would just end up arguing again. I’m fed up of seeing the same old things every year when we go away, and not be able to go on a normal holiday like everyone else. I decided this year was time for change and something new, so I went on an adventure.



It was around 12:00am on the fifth night of our stay at Paradise Park. I grabbed my torch from my rucksack, put on my dressing gown and slowly crept out of the door, grabbing a carton of milk from the fridge on my way out. I could feel the cold mist all around me as walked off into the distance, with my torch shining brightly. I was so determined to find something new and exciting to discover.



I’d been walking for about 30 minuets or so, but something didn’t feel right. I could hear footsteps. They were getting closer. I could feel a cold sweat dripping down my back as scurried along an uneven pathway. I was very nervous. I didn’t even know where I was. Who was it? What did they want? As I rapidly picked up my pace, I could sense that whoever this person was, they were very very close to me. I could even feel their deep breath whistling down my spine. Before I had a chance to do anything, I was wrestled to the ground by a very strong shove. What was going to happen to me?



As I shone my torch into the mans face. I saw he had a gun. “What do you want?” I said. The man said nothing, but just continued a long, cold stare at me. I tried to move away but I couldn’t. My arms and legs wouldn’t move. I was petrified. I repeated again “What do you want?”. He still said nothing. I could feel my heart pumping faster and faster then I screamed “HELP! HELP! SOMEONE’S GOT A GUN!” He then said “Shut up little boy, or I’ll kill you”. I didn’t know what to do or say so I stayed silent.



I think at least one hour at passed, and I was still in the same position I that I was in since I was brutally wrestled to the ground. I was shaking. I just wanted to be back, in our motor home, safe and asleep. Maybe my Mum was right, this holiday could have brought us all closer together.
What can i add to this short story?
You should try www.storyjoin.com It allows you to collaborate with other members and write stories together. You start a story by writing 1 paragraph to as many as you want and any paragrpah(s) left unfinished will be completed by other members. It's cool to see how the story ends.
What can i add to this short story?
I think you should add something to let the reader know its a boy in the beginning because when i hear %26quot;dressing gown%26quot; I think %26quot;girl%26quot;