Friday 16 September 2011

How much should I sell my VW Jetta for?

I am trying to sell my Volkswagen Jetta, but I want to set it at a price where I will actually get people calling. Let me know what you think, and thanks!!!



2001 Black Volkswagen Jetta in great condition w/ less than 159,000 miles (mostly highway) on it.



2.0L engine, 5 speed, power windows, power door locks, cruise control, adjustable steering wheel, leather seats, spare tire, just had the front brakes replaced.



-A/C is not working. It might just be that it needs to be recharged, but I'm not sure.

-driver's side window is starting to make a weird noise on its way up and down. Might need a new window motor.

-%26quot;Service Engine%26quot; light is on.

-%26quot;Brake Replacement Light%26quot; did not reset after I had them replaced.

- no stereo



The body of the car is in GREAT shape. Regular oil changes and other services.
How much should I sell my VW Jetta for?
between $300 and $800



the mileage is high, that's a $1,600 deduction



no stereo and no a/c not good



get it to a mechanic and get an estimate on fixing the AC and the service lights reset as well as buying a radio, no matter how cheap.



the window might just need to be adjusted.



spending a few hundred dollars can add a $1,000 to the selling price



just getting the service lights to not stare you in the face will increase the value
How much should I sell my VW Jetta for?
Well, if you live in New York City, or Yellow Knife or London the prices would be quite different.
Go to Kelley Blue Book to find out how much your vehicle is worth in your area. Best of luck.