Friday 16 September 2011

I have a 98 Pontiac Grand Am and need directions on fixing my driverside power window.?

The driverside window of my pontiac is down about 3 inches and a woman I met suggested switching from one motor to the other for the power to get it up. All I need is to get the window up. I know it is the motor that is bad, the 3 other windows work. I can take out the little breaker that has the 4 switches on them on the driverside door, but I can't get into it to change the power or anything like that. Any suggestions on how to fix my window?
I have a 98 Pontiac Grand Am and need directions on fixing my driverside power window.?
The %26quot;little breaker%26quot; can't help you. If the driver's window switch is operating the window correctly, then leave that thing alone.



When you operate the switch to raise the window further, can you hear any hum, like the motor is trying to turn but can't? Listen carefully, it's not loud at all. That suggests that your window track has gotten blocked or sticky - clean it out, then shoot some silicone lubricant spray in the track to keep it slickered up.



No hum? That'd be, well, weird. The motor shouldn't just quit at a certain level. If you're getting no hum, I'd suggest you replace the motor inside the door.



Getting to the motor will require completely removing the inner door panel. That's an involved job but kind of fun. Talk to the guy behind the counter at your parts store, tell him what you're up to and he'll point out the tool you should have for getting the panel off.
I have a 98 Pontiac Grand Am and need directions on fixing my driverside power window.?
sometimes if you bang the motor with a hammer it will work for a little while.