Wednesday 21 September 2011

Need car advise please?

I asked a question similar to this a few weeks ago but the circumstances have changed. I own a 2000 Grand Am Gt with 166,xxx miles on it. I've had it for about 2 years now and have done engine and body work like tinting the windows and installing all chrome halo headlights plus an all new starter, power steering pump and lining. it has new 6x9s and door speakers plus its wired for a system (it was wired for subs before i got it). the body is in great condition with no rust or fading of the paint. anyway I'm ready for a new car. My friend wanted to sell me his 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse with 96,xxx miles for $800 because the motor is about to go out on it. I turned down that offer because i wouldn't be able to sell my car for all the work i would have to put into the eclipse. so he offered to buy an engine himself and have it installed then sell it to me for $1300. I just need some advise on how much i could sell my car for and if buying the eclipse is an ok idea.



thanks

Isaiah
Need car advise please?
If the Eclipse is in bad shape and not properly well taken care of, then just keep the AM. You can trust it because YOU have worked on it. If the Eclipse needs a new motor at 96K, it probably has been abused.



I like Eclipses a lot, but this one seems in bad shape.



Go with what your instincts tell you! :)
Need car advise please?
Where does this friend of yours think he's getting a rebuilt Mitsu engine and paying someone else to install it all for $500?



Personally I think you're nuts for wanting the Eclipse. Sure it's a decent looking car but it's older than yours and it hsan't been well cared for considering it needs a new motor.



Your Grand Am, while not a great car doesn't seem to have any issues that are serious enough to mention. The only thing that makes it less attractive than the Mitsu is the mileage and mileage is irrelevant if you take care of the car. Both cars are worth about the same money. I'd keep the one you have now.
Yea, keep the GA ,u will be better off in the long run...