Friday 16 September 2011

VW Polo, my drivers side electric window isn't working, how how much would it cost me to fix it?

Hi,,,

I bought a vw polo 2001 reg, there's a fault in the passenger window. basically i can't open and close the window at all. everytime I press the button it makes this %26quot;tick tick%26quot; sound but the door don't open.



I've taken it to a garage, paid 拢30 to the mechanic to have a look, after he opened the door and checked everythin he it seems like theres a fault in the motor so i got to change it.

He said he's gona charge me 拢79.99 for the motor, and another 拢40 for the labour. So in total im gona spend 拢149.99 on the car's window! is this worth it???
VW Polo, my drivers side electric window isn't working, how how much would it cost me to fix it?
window motors are know to seize on the vw polos, why don't you remove the panel and try spraying a good lubricant Wd40 or silicone spray on the window regulator and motor.

If that doesn't work then the motor will need to be replaced a Second hand motor costs 拢10 from a breaker plus 1hrs labour to fit at a garage.



If you want new parts i usually use euro parts who do Regulator and motor kits.



http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Volksw鈥?/a>
VW Polo, my drivers side electric window isn't working, how how much would it cost me to fix it?
That seems a reasonable price. You might have got a motor at a breakers more cheaply.

As to whether it is worth it only you know how much you will pay to get the window working again.
Don't always take the word of so called %26quot;technicians%26quot;. I had a VW main agent check out why my rear wiper wasn't working. They said it needed a new motor. I later checked it myself and on removing motor, I found an earth wire had come off. I replaced it and wiper worked perfectly.I kicked up a real stink and management apologised profusely and gave my car a full valet as compensation.

Unless you can do some work yourself, then you are at the mercy of these people.If you can remove door trim panel, then look carefully at winder mechanism, while operating the button to open window. Ticking noise could mean that motor is running but not engaging properly with winding mechanism.You have to determine whether it is a mechanical tick or an electrical one.Hard to explain but mechanical meaning a drive cog slipping and tick coming from teeth clicking past each other, or an electrical noise like a solenoid engaging
Get a second opinion - the mechanic may be telling you that to make a bit more money on the job.